1. Information we process
- Telematica collects, generates and receives information in various ways when you use the Service, place an order or visit our website. Some of this information constitutes personal data.
- When you set up an account with Telematica or place an order, you provide us with the following information, containing your personal data:
- e-mail address;
- full name;
- phone number;
- shipping/billing address;
- payment information;
- any other information, which you provide for this purpose.
- Some information may be processed while you use our Service. Depending on the scope and configuration of Telematica Service, this information may also contain your personal data:
- driver’s data (routes, location, speed, driving habits, direction, etc.);
- your vehicle data (for example, make, type and brand of the vehicle, technical information, mileage, etc.);
- digital tachograph and driver’s data and activities (for example, name, driver’s license number, start, stop and end time of driving, time spent on breaks, driving duration, tachograph manufacturer, tachograph calibration, information on tachograph control, absence calendar, etc.);
- web browser data (for example, browser type, version, IP address, etc.);
- other data, which we can receive during the use of our Service and which, in connection with other information, may contain personal data (for example, fuel sensor data, temperature data, etc.).
- Upon configuring your Telematica account settings, you may provide us with some information that may contain personal data:
- Driver’s data (for example, name, phone number, e-mail address, date of birth, driver’s license number, digital tachograph card number and other data, which you have provided); vehicle fleet data, according to your use and configuration of Telematica Service;
- communication history with you;
- other information, which may contain your personal data (for example, time zone, location, photo etc.).
- You can choose to integrate third-party services in relation to certain aspects of Telematica Service. A third-party service is a software that integrates with the Service and you can enable or disable such integration for your Telematica account. Once enabled, the relevant third-party service provider may share or receive certain information (including importing or exporting). You should check the privacy settings of these third-party services to understand what data may be disclosed to us.
- Upon visiting our website, we may collect and process the following information that may contain your personal data:
- your IP address;1.6.2. your device and browser;
of any of our Services.
2. Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- contact information;
- registration information;
- contact preferences;
- details of your visits to Our Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access;
- location data;
- information about your experience with our Services;
- payment processing details;
- we may also ask you to complete surveys that We use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them; and
- any other personal information requested by our Services.
3. Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to provide you with information, Products or Services that you request from Us or which We feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to ensure that content from Our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to carry out Our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and Us;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of Our Products and Services when you choose to do so; and
- to notify you about changes to Our Products and Services.
- We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about Services and Products that may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these.
4. Legal grounds for processing
- Telematica only collects and processes your personal data where we have a lawful basis. Legal grounds for the processing of your personal data vary depending on the specific group of data and the purposes for processing it. Note that we may be processing the same personal data for several purposes simultaneously and, respectively, on more than one legal ground.
- Contract. Most of the time the legal basis for processing your personal data is the contractual relationship between you as the user of Service and Telematica, since we need certain information to conclude the contract and fulfil our obligations arising out of this contract.
- Legal obligation. In some cases, Telematica processes personal data on the basis of legal obligations, imposed on us by applicable law, such as financial and tax reporting obligations, or if we must respond to legal processes.
- Legitimate interests. Processing of your personal data is necessary for pursuing the legitimate interests of Telematica or the legitimate interests of third parties, always ensuring that such processing shall not outweigh your rights and freedoms. For example, we may process your data for marketing purposes based on our legitimate interest in developing and improving our business. Other legitimate interests include maintaining the Service to meet the needs of our users and clients, advertising to make our Service freely available for users, detecting and preventing fraud, abuse, security and technical issues with the Service, fulfilling obligations to our partners, enforcing legal claims, etc.
- Consent. When you subscribe to our blog or newsletter, we will send you information, for example, our news, promotions or offers, based on your consent. Note that you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time and unsubscribe by using the unsubscribe link provided in the e-mail or by contacting us.
5. Where we store your personal information
The data that we collect from you is stored in USA. Overseas staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services.
- The data and personal information collected are used and disclosed for the following primary purposes to provide the Services;
- to respond to enquiries;
- to maintain a customer relationship;
- to register and receive new Customers or Users;
- to fulfil obligations in other Terms such as the Returns Policy;
- to maintain the Website;
- improve the browsing experience of the Website;
- to handle enquiries and complaints from Customers and Users;
- to keep the Website secure and assist in preventing fraud;
- to provide updates, deals and newsletters; and
- to improve our Products, Services and Website.
6. Retention period
Telematica will process your personal data for as long as any of the above-mentioned legal basis for data processing exist. At the end of this period, Telematica will delete your data.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your registration information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries (as the case may be), as defined in the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth). We do not routinely disclose personal information to other organisations unless:
- required by law;
- We believe it necessary to provide you with a product or Service which you have requested;
- to protect the rights, property or personal safety of any member of the public or one of our customers or in Our interests;
- some or all of Our assets or Our operations are or may be transferred to another party as part of the sale of some or all of Our business; or
- you give your consent.
7. Your rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
You can exercise the right at any time by contacting us at admin@Telematica.com.au.
You have the right to ask us to provide you with any personal data we hold. We will provide you with such information provided that you:
instruct us in writing;
pay a fixed fee of AUD $11:00 (including GST); and
supply appropriate evidence of your identity.
We have the right to withhold such personal data to the extent permittable by applicable law.
10. Contact information
“Telematica Pty Ltd”
Address: Unit 6/16-24 Lydbrook St Westmead NSW 2145, Australia